We are looking for a number of volunteers to help us run The London Conference 2018 at Congress Centre, Fitzrovia on Wednesday 7 November 2018. In return, volunteers can attend half the conference as a delegate and have a career chat with a member of our team.
We ask that volunteers spend half a day supporting the event, and are then able to attend the conference for the other half of the day. Whether you volunteer in the morning or afternoon is up to you.
We also offer the chance to have a chat with an appropriate member of our team on how you could develop your career in the sector, whether your interests lie in research, urban policy, events management or communications. This will be scheduled in after the event.
Volunteer session times are as follows:
Start 08:00 – end 14:00.
Free to watch the afternoon sessions from 14.00-17.00.
Start 13:45 – end 17:00.
Free to watch the morning sessions from 09:00-13:30.
Roles and responsibilities could include:
- Acting as front of house for The London Conference, supporting registration and welcoming delegates.
- Being in charge of the cloakroom as delegates arrive.
- Supporting AV requirements within the conference theatre, including roaming microphones during Q&A sessions.
- Assisting set up of the stage, setting up chairs and speaker podiums.
- Assisting in set up and take down of venue dressing.
You will have the opportunity to attend a high-level policy conference, which in the past has featured speakers such as London Mayors Sadiq Khan and Boris Johnson, and Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Greg Clark.
To volunteer, or to ask for more information, please email [email protected] as soon as possible, mentioning any events experience you have and including a CV. If you would like us to keep your details on file to volunteer at future events, please let us know in your email.