Do you have the creative design skills to maximise impact, influence policy, and make London a better place?
Centre for London is a charity focused on London’s critical challenges. We identify things that aren’t working, research ways to improve them, and then speak with decision makers to persuade them to make the changes necessary to make London better. This could be relating to where people live, how we move around the city, the work we do and where we do it, and the way London connects with other areas of the UK
In this role you will be Centre for London’s brand champion, producing high-quality design that makes our work stand out. This is a varied role that will see you drawing on a suite of design skills. In a typical month, you might respond to a creative brief for a conference, work with the research team on data visualisations, typeset a report, or creating engaging video content to promote our research findings. There is also scope to develop your skills; the Senior Designer will work with our Head of Communications and external agencies to refresh our brand, manage relationships with freelancers and be responsible for spotting new and exciting ways for us to communicate our work. Our brand is evolving, this is an opportunity to help shape its future.
In this role you will act as an in-house design studio, treating colleagues as internal clients and responding to their briefs, therefore organisation and time management are vital.
We are looking for someone with experience of:
- Delivering design projects in a design studio or in-house design team.
- Designing multimedia projects with print and digital collateral.
- Expertise with key design software packages, including Adobe Creative Cloud, incorporating InDesign, Photoshop, Ilustrator and After Effects.
Ideally, this role would be full-time, however, we would be open to applications from people who would like to work part-time.
Full details of the role can be found in the job description. If you meet the criteria in the person specification and are excited about this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you. The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
If you have any questions about this role, please email [email protected].
- Follow this link to complete the application information.
- Email your files to [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Designer”
- File 1: Your CV and cover letter showing how your experience and achievements to date would make you a suitable candidate for this role (max three pages combined total) saved as a PDF with your initials as the file title and include it as a header within the file too. Please remove any reference to your name, including your email address and physical address.
- File 2: Your portfolio. You can send this as PDFs via email or WeTransfer. Please remove any reference to your name.
Our assessors review applications anonymously, so please carefully check that you have removed all references to your name, including your email address and physical address.
Please note, applications will only be submitted when the form has been completed and your application files received via email.
Deadline – 9am on Mon 23 August 2021
Expected interview date – w/c 30 August 2021
We do not want any contact from recruitment agencies regarding this vacancy. We are not able to sponsor visas, so you must have the right to work in the UK at the start of your employment.