Are you interested in making London better for the people who live here?
Centre for London is a charity focused on London’s critical challenges. We identify things that aren’t working, research ways to improve them, and then speak with decision-makers to persuade them to make the changes necessary to make London better. This could be relating to where people live, how we move around the city, the work we do and where we do it, and the way London connects with other areas of the UK.
This is a role that bridges our events, development, and fundraising and has responsibility for producing events that engage our major donors and key stakeholders.
You will organise small events to build relationships with potential and existing funders. You will also help to fundraise for and deliver Centre for London’s busy events calendar, including The London Conference.
You will excel in this role if you are good at anticipating people’s needs. This involves tracking and delivering agreed funder benefits, building content, inviting and supporting speakers and guests, managing relationships with venues and caterers, event publicity, and evaluation.
We think this role would best suit someone ready to take their next step in their career, learn quickly, think creatively and communicate compellingly. You may already have experience in fundraising and events management, or you might have other transferable experience. We don’t ask that you are an expert in London policy issues – though some understanding of our policy focus areas would be helpful.
This ideally is a full-time role, however, we would be open to applications from people who would like to work part-time.
Full details of the role can be found in the job description. If you meet the criteria in the person specification and are excited about this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you. The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
If you would have any questions about this role, please email: [email protected]
- Follow this link to complete the application information.
- Email your two pdfs files to [email protected] with the subject line “Development Officer”
- File 1: Your CV and cover letter showing how your experience and achievements to date would make you a suitable candidate for this role (max three pages combined total) saved as a PDF with your initials as the file title and include it as a header within the file too. Please remove any reference to your name, including your email address.
- File 2: Responses to the assessment questions (below) saved as a PDF with your initials as the file title and include it as a header within the file too. Please remove any reference to your name.
The following assessment questions will be assessed anonymously:
- What are the most important things to consider when running an event that encourages people to financially support a charity? (200 words max)
- How would you make sure our events are truly inclusive? What do you think the challenges might be? (200 words max)
Please note, applications will only be submitted when the form has been completed and your PDF received via email.
Deadline – 9am on Monday 9 August 2021
Expected interview date – w/c 16 August 2021
We do not want any contact from recruitment agencies regarding this vacancy. We are not able to sponsor visas, so you must have the right to work in the UK at the start of your employment.