As jobs and housing fight for the ever reducing availability of land, is there a new mix which could help to solve these challenges in London?
The Mayor’s draft London Plan marks a significant change in direction on industrial land for housing, now calling for “no net loss of industrial floorspace”.
Join us at a panel discussion to consider how we can fund, deliver and manage successful commercial activities in mixed use schemes at the launch of a new report, written jointly by Centre for London, GVA, 00 Architecture and Real Urbanism.
- Lucy Owen, Executive Director of Development, Enterprise and Environment, GLA
- Lucy Shomali, Director of Regeneration and Growth, London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Paul Tebbit, Blackrock Real Estate Fund Director
- Nick Hartwright, Project Director, MillCo
Questions to be explored include:
- What types of commercial and industrial use can be mixed with residential?
- How should investment be secured for this type of innovative mix?
- How could we optimise the potential of commercial-residential mix?
This is a public event. Please share it with your networks.