We invite Londoners to join the discussion about the challenges that lie ahead. From pandemic recovery and Brexit to climate change, what tools do we need as an industry in order to tackle these obstacles and ensure a brighter future for London?
This event is hosted by New London Architecture (NLA) in collaboration with RTPI, London Property Alliance, London First, RIBA London, BPF, CIOB, Landscape Institute, Centre for London, Urban Design Group, The London Society, BCO, NWEC, Heart of London, Federation of Master Builders, HBF, NRLA, Urban Design London, Place Alliance, and Academy of Urbanism.
As a collective representing over 100,000 individuals working across the built environment, this coalition of professional bodies assembles an expert panel to discuss what London needs of its next Mayor.
With the revised London Plan finally coming to fruition, what does this mean for the next Mayoral cycle? How do we resolve the tensions between London and central government? How do we join up London and the wider South East?
Industry leaders will provide their ask of the Mayor in this event with discussion around how we implement our proposals. Following the event a letter will be drafted on behalf of this coalition and sent to the Mayor of London in preparation for the 2021 election.
- Despina Katsikakis, Junior Vice President, BCO and Executive Partner, Global Head of Total Workplace, Cushman & Wakefield
- Jace Tyrrell, Chief Executive, New West End Company
- David Ogunmuyiwa, Partner, ArchitectureDoingPlace and Mayor’s Design Advocate
- Wei Yang, President, Royal Town Planning Institute, and Chairman, Wei Yang and Partners
- Peter Murray, Curator-in-Chief, NLA
- Ben Derbyshire, Chair, HTA Design and Immediate Past President, RIBA
- James Stevens, Director for Cities, Home Builders Federation
- David Simmonds, Conservative MP, Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner
- Cllr Georgia Gould, Leader of Camden Council, Chair of London Councils